Technology Updates & Resources
Hi Scholars and Families!
This page will be updated with all Technology Policies here at Nevada Prep, and include some other important resources for Technology Support!
CHROMEBOOK POLICIES (HIGHLIGHTS):
- All scholars at Nevada Prep are assigned a Chromebook for use here at school! We do this to ensure all scholars have the necessary resources for learning.
- All Middle School Scholars are allowed, and encouraged to take their Chromebooks home to work on lifework, missing assignments, or to catch up on Khan Academy, Reading Plus, or Everfi!
- **Elementary Scholars are not allowed to take home their devices at this time.
- All Middle School Scholars are expected to return to campus each day with their Chromebook charged and ready for their first class. Please help us ensure scholars bring their device to school everyday and charge their device overnight!
- All Chromebook will need to stay ON CAMPUS during Winter Break for important updates and inventory.
See additional details and complete the Chromebook release form if you have not already, by clicking the link below! By filling out the form you ensure your scholar is able to take their device home and get access to their entire Tech Bundle!
DEVICES AT HOME (MIDDLE SCHOOL ONLY):
When devices are at home, please help us support scholars in using their technology safely and productively. During long breaks or long weekends we notice a higher occurrence of Chromebook loss, breakage, and theft. Please be aware of these issues and discuss with scholars how important this responsibility is. Thank you for always helping us to ensure scholars are always staying on top of their studies and tools!
Having issues with your device at home? Try these common fixes:
If you see a GoGuardian block in the morning and can't access websites:
- Restart the computer by pressing down the power button.
- After the device has powered all the way off, turn the device back on using the power button.
- Log back into your student account, and the block should be gone.
For any questions about technology policies, technology support, or questions about Dojo Parent, GoGuardian Parent, & MyEducationData please reach out at: [email protected]